Waterfowl Hunting at Lake McMurtry
Rules & Regulations
Lake McMurtry Reserves the right to revoke/cancel any lease for non-compliance of rules & regulations.
- Blind lease holders have their spot for the 2017 - 2018 waterfowl hunting season.
- The last day to harvest any waterfowl at Lake McMurtry will be February 28th, 2018.
- Only registered hunters who complete the “Hunting Orientation meeting” are allowed to hunt at Lake McMurtry.
- All hunters’ vehicles must have a registered Lake McMurtry Hunting permit displayed in their vehicle.
- Registered hunters may occupy their blind at any time during the specified hunting days.
- Hunting will only be permitted on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- No more than 4 hunters per blind at any one time. Hunting parties may consist of up to 6 registered hunters.
- Each blind will be given two guest passes. Guests must be accompanied by a registered hunter at all times while hunting at Lake McMurtry. There can still only be four hunters per blind at any one time.
- All registered hunters must carry a Lake McMurtry hunting permit with them in addition to all state and federal permits.
- Hunters are allowed to hunt only the blind they are registered to. There will be no switching blinds.
- Hunters are required to abide by all safety regulations in accordance with local, state, & federal regulations and guidelines.
- Blinds must be set up within 50 yards of the numbered blind marker. Any blinds constructed will be considered temporary and must be dismantled and hauled off site no later than March 31st, 2019.
- Blinds may be accessed by foot or boat only, no atv’s or any other type of off road vehicles will be allowed. Blinds 1-7 and 14-16 are water access only.
- Hunters are required to maintain the cleanliness of the hunting area by not leaving any trash behind, including shotgun hulls.
- Hunters must sign in & sign out at the Waterfowl Kiosks and record the number & species of waterfowl that have been harvested.
- Hunters are required to abide by Oklahoma Department of Wildlife’s Waterfowl Requirements and Regulations (www.wildlifedepartment.com).
- Hunters are required to abide by U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Waterfowl Requirements and Regulations (www.fws.gov).